AIA Group is the largest life insurance company in the world, with a presence in 18 markets across Asia Pacific. AIA New Zealand Limited is part of the AIA Group and its vision is to help make New Zealand one of the healthiest and most protected nations in the world.
AIA New Zealand wish to appoint an additional Senior Legal Counsel to its dedicated Legal team. This role is a permanent employment role and is offered as fulltime or circa 4 days per week.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Legal and leading at least one direct report, in this role you will join a high performing team with a great culture and team spirit. Together you will provide legal support to AIA’s New Zealand businesses, ensuring legal risk is minimised and rights are maximised.
This role requires sound general commercial legal skills, agility and a solutions focused approach. Supported by the wider AIA legal team you will work together to ensure the continued provision of prompt, pragmatic, comprehensive and accurate legal advice. This will include review, negotiation, drafting and settlement of a variety of contracts and other commercial arrangements, managing any litigation and escalating issues within the legal team as appropriate. Your strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills will be welcome in this role as you build networks across the wider business and externally.
What we are looking for
- An LLB, be admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the New Zealand High Court and eligible to hold current practising certificate.
- A minimum of 8 years’ sound commercial law experience drafting, advising on and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts.
- The ability to provide technical legal advice and representation in relation to disputed or litigated claims and consumer complaints, new product and business initiatives, general compliance and corporate law issues.
- Previous in-house experience essential. Experience working in financial services or insurance industries preferred.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills, and
- A collaborative, creative and solutions-focused interpersonal style
As well as making a difference in their customers’ lives, AIA New Zealand is committed to doing the same for their people, with their growth, wellbeing, success and recognition all front of mind. No matter where you are on your career journey, you will continue to grow professionally and personally in this role.
About the company
AIA strive to help Kiwis live healthier, longer, better lives by encouraging them to make positive lifestyle changes one step at a time. Their firm belief is that by following their operating philosophy of doing the right thing, in the right way with the right people, the results will come. AIA Insurance for Life, Health and Wellbeing.
The AIA team are a close team that uses collaboration, creativity and a can-do attitude to keep raising the bar. They move at pace and want to succeed. Is that what you want?
How do I apply?
Click on “Apply Now”. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 884162.
We have a range of terrific inhouse and private practice roles for lawyers at all levels. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to hear about what else is available, give us a call. We’d love to hear from you.
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | firstname.lastname@example.org
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.