This opportunity will truly transform your legal career. Join the Vodafone Legal Team and help the business to deliver successful customer outcomes.
Empowering our customers is at the heart of what we do along with investing in our people. We provide a range of benefits like health insurance for you and your family, the chance to work flexibly, a day off to celebrate "you", a world of opportunities to progress your career, supporting you to volunteer your time in the community, and supporting your life at home through our award-winning parental leave policy.
In your new role as Legal Counsel you will provide customer focussed legal services to Vodafone New Zealand. You will work flexibly and autonomously on a broad range of legal matters in a way that puts customers at the centre of what we do.
What Will I be Doing?
- Advising on a wide range of business opportunities and challenges, including:
- key commercial transactions (on both buy and sell sides)
- collaboration or partnerships
- consumer protection (including review of marketing collateral)
- material disputes reviewing business action with potential to have material customer impacts
- privacy and data protection
- Building strong relationships of trust and confidence with key stakeholders
- Developing capability and innovation within the Legal and External Affairs team and the wider business to support effectiveness and new ways of working
- Proactively identifying opportunities for simplification and building legal capability:
What Will I bring?
- Sound knowledge and experience across a broad range of areas of law. Experience in commercial contracting and/or consumer law will be preferred
- Flexibility, a growth mind set and openness to challenge
- Good commercial sense and judgment, and a pragmatic outcome focussed approach.
- Resilience, adaptable to change and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand.
- 3+ years’ relevant PQE
With Vodafone, your unique talents and experience will help us deliver an unmatched experience to our customers and the communities we serve. In return you’ll enjoy equal opportunities in an inclusive and flexible working environment, in a diverse team of extraordinary people, while you’re growing your career here in Aotearoa, or globally.
If you are interested in this role, please apply through our careers site: https://vodafone.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=AUC0001B8&lang=en#.XJRDhaDIJug.email
The future is exciting… Ready?