Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years and a clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit our website www.ashurst.com.
We are looking for a motivated and client focused Lawyer or Senior Associate with experience in infrastructure projects to join our market leading Infrastructure practice in Sydney.
Our team regularly advises the government and the private sector on their most complex infrastructure transactions across multiple jurisdictions and sectors. This gives our team a thorough understanding of the most challenging business issues in the infrastructure market, and our clients benefit from one of the most experienced teams of lawyers in the sector worldwide.
We offer "end to end" project solutions for clients, from procurement, negotiation, contracting and delivery, to investment and divestment strategies, to asset augmentation and operation. This "cradle to grave" approach advising on the full lifecycle of major projects is what sets us apart from other firms.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience gained within private practice or in-house
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior drafting ability
- A commercial approach and an ability to negotiate contracts for sale and commercial leases effectively
- Compulsory acquisition knowledge would be preferred but not compulsory.
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and, a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.